Dr. Alina Gorgorian
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Dr. Gorgorian received her doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology from Fordham University in New York. Prior to that, she earned a Bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of California, Santa Barbara, a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from California State University, Northridge, and an additional Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from Fordham University. She completed her predoctoral clinical training at Iona College and Bellevue Hospital in New York and an APA-accredited internship at the VA Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center.
Dr. Gorgorian also completed an APA-accredited postdoctoral fellowship in Clinical Psychology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, where she served as the assistant director in the Adult Outpatient Psychiatry clinic. There, she worked with a multidisciplinary team of health care providers to provide direct patient care, taught a 9-month CBT course at an LA County Community Mental Health Clinic, conducted trainings and provided clinical supervision to pre-doctoral psychology students and psychiatry residents.
Dr. Gorgorian has received extensive training and thus specializes in the delivery of evidence-based treatments, including Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP). Dr. Gorgorian was intensively trained in DBT by Marsha Linehan’s training institute, Behavioral Tech.
Dr. Gorgorian has worked as adjunct faculty at Pepperdine University’s Graduate School of Education and Psychology and Alliant University’s School of Forensic Psychology. She has also given many presentations on a variety of mental health issues and evidence based treatments, nationally and internationally.
Currently, Dr. Gorgorian is the clinical director of the Clearview Women’s Center for Borderline and Emotion Regulation Disorders in Venice California. She was brought on board to develop a comprehensive DBT program. Currently, she oversees this internationally recognized comprehensive residential DBT program for women. She manages a multidisciplinary team of 25 master’s and doctoral level mental health providers and a psychiatrist, provides clinical supervision and consultation, conducts workshops and teaches a DBT course.
Dr. Gorgorian has been in private practice since 2008, utilizing evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapies to deliver individualized treatment to individuals and couples. Her work focuses on changing cognitive and behavioral patterns to help clients make life changes, achieve goals, improve mood and ultimately, improve their quality of life. Dr. Gorgorian also provides professional trainings, workshops, and consultation services.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology: Fordham University
- M.S.Ed. in Counseling Psychology: Fordham University
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology: California State University Northridge
- B.A. in Psychology: University of California, Santa Barbara
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic
- APA- Accredited Program
- Specialty in evidence based treatments
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectal Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP)
- Predoctoral Internship – VA Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center
- APA- Accredited Program
- Clinical Rotations in Outpatient Psychiatry, Partial Hospitalization,
- Dual Diagnosis Program
- Professional Memberships
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Member, California Psychological Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Psychological Association